Nir Giladi – a specialist in Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, epilepsy
It is difficult to convey in words suffering of people who are struck by Parkinson’s syndrome, cerebral palsy to, violations of a locomotor system, a severe form of epilepsy.
Israeli Professor of Neurology, Medical Doctor Nir Giladi, successfully treating terrible diseases for many years, is widely known in international medical circles. Today, he is a real shiner in the medical world namely practical neurology, the Medical Doctor has high academic degrees, awards in many prestigious international universities and academies.
However his way of becoming a professional with the most difficult missions –healing, was not an easy one.
- After graduating from a medical institution, he passed military service as an army doctor (1974-1977g.g.);
- In the early 80’s (. 1983) he brilliantly defended his thesis for the title of Master of Medicine at the Medical University of Ben-Gurion (Beersheba);
- From 1984 to 1989 – the years of hard and persistent training in hospitals (city of Afula), health centers (Sackler School, Tel-Aviv University), studying at the Columbia University (USA), and Oxford (UK), practice and study of traditional medicine in the treatment of neurological disorders in the First Municipal Hospital (Guanzhou, China);
- In 1990s (1993-1996) Nir Giladi is improving his skills as the head of Parkinsonism and Locomotor Disorders Department (“Carmel” Hospital);
- In 1996 Professor was appointed as the Head of the Locomotor Functional Violations Department of prestigious First Medical Center (Tel Aviv);
- Ln 2007 – Director of the Neurological Department,
- Now Nir Gidali is in charge of the Center for Treating Parkinson’s disease at the “Carmel” Clinic. He is one of the authors of a unique method used for operations on a spinal cord in Israel – deep brain stimulation (DBS).
Awards, achievements, achievements